Friday 17 March 2017

Profile not working?

Here are a few things to check if there are any issues with getting my profile to work properly:


1.  Make sure the .key file is loaded in BMS.  To do this, start up BMS, go to SETUP -> CONTROLLERS and click LOAD, select my .key file, and click on LOAD again.  Current Keyfile should say BMS - FPM by -Ice and the very first line should show v1.6.  Click APPLY a few times, then OK.




2.  Make sure the .key file is loaded in Helios.  To do this, start up Helios Profile Editor, load the profile, select the PROFILE EXPLORER tab and scroll down until you can see FALCON.  Double-click on FALCON and a new tab should appear called FALCON.  Make sure the Key File points to the proper location of the .key file.




3.  RWR not showing up properly?  The YAME .xml file isn't pointing to the proper location.  Open the .xml file via Notepad++ and line 306 (line 340 on the two-screen .xml file) shows the info for the RWR settings.  Line 313 (line 347 on the two-screen .xml file) tells YAME where to look for the RWR image.  Change this line as appropriate.
<RWR zindex="4">
    <width>234</width>
    <height>236</height>
    <posx>452</posx>
    <posy>24</posy>
    <visible>true</visible>
    <window>RIGHT SCREEN</window>
    <image>Y:\YAME64\gauges\rwr.png</image>
    <shader>shaders/blend.frag</shader>
</RWR>
This should be how the RWR should be set up in YAME:




More to be added as issues get identified....

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ice,
    amazing profile, very detailed and I cant wait to try it out.
    I have your profile set up on my Acer T231H touch screen, monitor presets are all good and I can launch it with Helios control panel.
    My issues are:
    1) I have never used YAME64 (I have installed it set up the globals tab.)
    2) I am unable to extract the gauges to your helios profile to complete the cockpit
    3) I am confused about whether to or not use the display extraction in the Configurator.. I am using my own helios profile for now with the displays extracted nicely.

    Essentially I have copied all files and placed them to their respective folders as per your instructions. I just need help to get it all together and working.

    I sincerely appreciate your help, I know your very busy.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Sandman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandman,

    I presume you've found my profile via my post either on SimHQ or on the BMS forums. Please re-post your concerns on either thread and I'll be happy to help you.

    Regards,
    -Ice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ice
    Left a post on SimHQ and on BMS but I’m not sure which is the best way to communicate with you. The questions are All BMS/Helios related.
    Thanks
    santinif4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete